(last updated 3/19/24)

General Agriculture Information:

Looking for an expert to advise you on your agriculture questions?

Ask an Agriculture Question:

This form is intended for agriculture related questions.

Ask a Gardening Question:

If you are looking for lawn, garden, or landscape assistance please head to the Ask a Gardening Question form found here:

UW-Madison Extension – Columbia County does not have an in-house Agricultural Educator. If you have additional agriculture questions, please contact the Columbia County Ag Outreach Specialist – Casey Bennett (UW-Madison Extension is not responsible for any information obtained from the Columbia County Ag Outreach Specialist as that position is not affiliated with UW-Madison Extension.)

Columbia County Land & Water Conservation

Casey Bennett, Ag Outreach Specialist
Administration Building
112 E. Edgewater Street
Portage, WI 53901
Phone: 608-742-9687

General Horticulture Information:  Wisconsin Horticulture – Division of Extension

Online Course Announcement: Register Now for Winter 2024!
Plant Diagnostics: The Step-by-Step Approach to Identifying Plant Problems

Other Helpful Related Links:

If you need assistance with insect identification, you can click on the link below for help.

Governmental Ag Agencies:

Farm Service Agency (FSA)

Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)

Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection

Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources

Columbia County Land & Water Conservation