Unlike traditional science fairs which feature experiment after experiment; Inquiry, Innovation and Creativity EXPO participants are encouraged to find something that interests them within their 4-H Project area(s) and explore it using their 21st century skills like critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration. By selecting a topic within a 4-H Project area of interest, participants are able to take their EXPO exhibit one step further, to the Columbia County Fair!
Whether it’s analyzing the different foods that are available to dairy cows, conducting an experiment, or creating an innovation that fulfills a need in their lives, the focus of the project is completely up to the participant.
- To provide youth with an experience in planning, preparing and displaying an article or educational exhibit.
- To give youth an opportunity for self-expression verbally and visually in a safe and supportive environment.
- To provide youth with an opportunity to share with others what they have learned during the discovery process while creating their EXPO exhibit.
- To develop public presentation ability.
Sharing your Story:
This is not a judged event, however, each participant will be asked to set up their display and provide a short presentation about the discovery process used in designing and creating their exhibit. Sample talking points that may be helpful in crafting your short presentation are listed below:
- What 4-H project area(s) does your exhibit most relate to?
- Why did you choose to focus on this topic?
- What question are you trying to answer?
- What else do you want to learn, try and/or discover about this project now?
- Who/what can help you learn more about your project?
- What resources did you use to help create your project (i.e. people, books, businesses)?
- What was the most interesting thing you discovered while creating your exhibit?
- Would you do anything differently if you recreated your project?
- What were your steps?
- What was the answer to your question?
- Why did you choose to display your information this way?
Review our EXPO booklet below for more information
Expo Booklet (PDF, 10 pages, 974 KB)
Expo Self Evaluation Form (PDF, 1 page, 338 KB)
Spectator Assessment Form
Spectator Assessment Form (PDF, 1 page, 427 KB)
Crazy Question Challenge Form
Crazy-Question-Challenge (PDF, 1 page, 286 KB)
My Expo Exhibit Plan
My 4H Expo Worksheet (PDF, 1 page, 183 KB)
EXPO Registration Form (Word, 1 page, 78 KB)
EXPO Registration Form (PDF, 1 page, 511 KB)