Interested in volunteering? Click Here to Register and Sign-Up
Volunteers needed June 13 – August 31 (Monday-Friday; except July 4th)
Site Host (Monday-Friday)
Sanborn Park, Splash Pad, and Lincoln Park volunteers will be asked to serve as a site host. Tasks include:
- Handing out weekend food packs (Fridays only)
- Encouraging youth to take ownership of the meal site in their community
- Walking the area where the food is being served to make sure the grounds are clean and leftover food is properly disposed of
- Setting up/tearing down tables
- Helping to serve the lunches
- Sharing program information with people who are present
Weekend Snack Packs (Fridays only)
We are looking for someone to complete an entire route on Fridays. Volunteer must have their own vehicle and be willing to use it to complete the route (10:30a – 12:45p) The route is listed below:
- Pick up lunches at Portage Youth Building (806 Silver Lake Dr. Portage, WI) at 10:30 a.m.
- Drop Snack Packs off at Library at 11:00 a.m. (library has staff to hand them out)
- Distribute Snack Packs at Splash Pad from 11:10-11:35 a.m.
- Distribute Snack Packs at Lincoln Park from 11:45-12:05 p.m.
- Distribute Snack Packs at Sanborn Park from 12:15-12:35 p.m.
- Drop extra Snack Packs (from parks) back off at Portage Youth Building around 12:45 p.m.